[pianotech] Tuning, was advertising

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Jan 26 19:25:26 MST 2011

On 1/26/2011 6:04 PM, David Love wrote:
> Yes, so whatever tendency the ETD tuning has to sound like
> "microwaving a precooked frozen meal" or "rote work", you can  spice
> it up with a non equal temperament.  Would that make it more
> palatable?   (Rhetorical question)

Well, then, I shouldn't answer it ......... but fancy spices still do
not equal the satisfaction of cooking it "live", with home-grown
produce, so to speak.

I wasn't talking about the sound of the result, but rather the
experience of the process for the tuner. After all, it is how we spend a
large chunk of our collective lifespan. The quality of the result
depends on the wits and ears of the practitioner, with or without the
use of digital aids.

Susan