[pianotech] Verituner question

Avery Todd ptuner1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:10:46 MST 2011

List,

John Formsma. just posted an interesting question and since I didn't want to
take away from the responses to that one, I'm doing mine this way. He also
uses a Verituner, as do I. Previously I used an SAT at the university until
I retired but had to leave it, since the U. bought it. <grin>

My question is this: Is there a way a previously aural tuner who now also
uses an ETD check the tuning as you go with this particular machine? It's
constantly reading for each note and doing checks could mess things up, as I
understand it. There wasn't that problem with the SAT since it calculates
the tuning differently. I rarely do concert work anymore except as a
substitute, so it's not quite as critical. But it still bugs me a little
that there doesn't seem to be a way of doing that. I love the tunings the VT
gives and rarely have a problem with what it calculates.

Just something that came to mind when John mentioned the Verituner. Thanks
for any exexperiences with doing this.

Avery Todd
Houston