[pianotech] Fw: Tuning, was advertising

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Thu Jan 27 14:10:31 MST 2011

On 1/27/2011 9:41 AM, Daniel Carlton wrote:
> I'm fully enveloped and immersed in the tuning process when I tune by
> ear. I think of it like building a chest completely by hand, from
> selecting the right woods to cutting the dovetails and carving the
> legs, to sanding and finishing. You can do that or just go to Target
> and buy one that just needs to be assembled. Just read the directions,
> turn a few screws and, it's done.
Doing it by hand gives you a few other options, too, which using jigs or
precut parts never will. You can space those dovetails just slightly
different but artistically pleasing distances apart. It's a way of
proclaiming that it is hand made by someone who knows what they are
doing and who didn't need "aids".

Susan