[pianotech] My sock drawer

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Thu Jan 27 21:10:23 MST 2011

On 1/27/2011 3:55 PM, tnrwim at aol.com wrote:
> For you tuners who have opted not to use an ETD, all I can say is,
> using a map is a good way to find a house, but a Garmin has made that
> job a little easier. It doesn't take anything away from your ability
> to find the sock drawer.
That's a good way of describing it, Wim.

I can say that the "Garmin" which I assume is a GPS system? does no
harm, but does tempt people to not bother keeping paper maps in the car.
Then once in awhile, "the lady in the box" as my sister puts it, has a
short battery. This happened to my sister when she was driving back east
once. When one no longer has the map, and the lady in the box is silent,
one can get totally turned around.

Susan