[pianotech] The big discussion

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Thu Jan 27 23:20:00 MST 2011

Susan,

You have expressed some tremendous stuff about the caring aspect, and I deeply appreciate you sharing that.
Not only did you help in further qualifying my comments, but gave some beautiful examples
   of extremely important realities in working in a field of service to others.

However,
Passion by dictionary definition is not a caring act, though some may think it is.
And caring by dictionary definition is not remotely akin to passion.

I see caring as a sustainable act of commitment.
I see passion as a temporary, unreliable and unpredictable emotion and unsustainable.

Not saying that experiencing passion isn't exciting while it lasts, but someone, or some thing
   usually gets trampled in the process.

These days I do my best to remember and honor the caring things you mention,
   and opt out, if at all possible, passion.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern