[pianotech] Counts .......

Tony Caught acaught at internode.on.net
Fri Jan 28 03:31:46 MST 2011

Duaine,
As a pun on names (and I have had a few)
Drain Heckler,

You are right, it is getting nowhere.

 It would appear that there are many aural tuners out there that don't know
what regulate  means and can tune a piano.

It would appear that there are many ETD tuners out there that can regulate a
piano. (these are for the main part aural tuners who have gone a little deaf
or find the stress level is lower) But, ETD tuners that know and understand
pianos properly ???

In the society of today it is unfortunate that people are not as prepared to
pay (NSW conservatorium is running a piano tuner course for $20.000.00) to
learn properly or become an apprentice nor are there enough skilled tuners
around who can devote hours upon hours to teach the arts of piano tuning to
anyone without proper motivation.

Me, I am a two fingered typist so I am not going into a lot of details as my
time is precious to me and for most of this thread has caused me to ruptured
my other finger on the delete button which has caused me to type this with
only one finger.

I learnt this trade by my self, no teacher, no tuition but I whish I could
have got the experience I have now got from other tuners, peers to my
profession, but this was not to be.

My question.

Are you prepared to pay $20,000.00 to learn to tune a piano aurally and to
understand the technology involved in the craft that you are making a living
from.

The answer is the question

Please hit the delete button and do not respond as I have run out of time.

Tony Caught
acaught at internode.on.net
0427 850 737