[pianotech] "Repeatable" tuning

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 05:22:38 MST 2011

Susan asks:

I'm wondering why this question of EXACT repeatability (with such a    strong accent on the "EXACT") is of importance to so many people    here? Is it even a virtue? Does it do anything for us which needs    doing?

When overdubs are done in a recording studio, a cent or two can make a difference, particularly in the bass.  And if anyone thinks that they can aurally put C6 in as consistent a place as the SAT (say, within .5 cents), I will have to see it to believe it.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT