[pianotech] OT: Discussion threads & web forum

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 07:35:47 MST 2011

Hi John. I think you are seeing reality - or at least I see the same
things happening. I use the regular Mail program on my MiniMac. I just
assume folks feel the need for a new title to the thread for some
reason. I suspect it is appropriate to at least include the old title
when the thread veers off into another direction. For example, if
original thread was "Aural tuning is superior to machine tuning", but
someone decides to not just argue that point, but rather to vilify the
ETD, they might modify the subject line as such: "ETD's are the
Devil's Work; was: Aural tuning is superior to machine tuning".

And Joe? Well, that's just Joe I assume. Joe marches to his own
drummer. Would we want him any other way?  And yes, I seem to recall
that he may indeed subscribe to the digest version. But why he doesn't
use the original subject line I sure don't know.  :-(

So ya gave up on that little grey square box?

Terry Farrell