[pianotech] "Repeatable" tuning

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:59:45 MST 2011

Add another.  I got mine when it seemed as though my carpal tunnel syndrome was returning about 15 years after I had had tunnel release surgery on both wrists.  I was fearful that my tuning days would soon be over if a repeat surgery was unsuccessful.

Using an ETD/ETA seemed the only way to go if I was reduced to what was effectively one finger on one hand.  I had experimented during recovery from my initial surgeries and found that one fingered intervals and checks made while using damper/sostenudo were difficult, at best.

I recovered w/o surgery, but still had the RCT. I chose not to just put it on a shelf and found that I really liked it's labor saving ability and incorporated it into my arsenal.

Conrad Hoffsommer