[pianotech] "Repeatable" tuning

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Fri Jan 28 12:12:53 MST 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 8:59 AM, Ed Foote wrote:

> There is more …

And even more…

I strip mute for both pitch raises and final passes. (3 mins max for inserting the mutes)

By strip muting you can pre-read the pitch location of all 88 notes if you so choose,
   and get lots of neat information about where to concentrate your efforts.

After a pitch raise and reinserting strip mutes,
   you can re-read the results of your pitch raise,
   and know where the areas that did not respond as well as you would have liked
   and where extra attention will most likely be needed.

You also can float the pitch to the where the majority of the center strings fall.

I should add that fooling around with these ETDs' has been just as interesting
   and fun for me as 'strictly aural tuners' profess to have without them.

As I see it, it's just another dimension of life's offerings.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT