[pianotech] Synchronous tunings

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Fri Jan 28 17:01:07 MST 2011

Fellows,

I am intrigued by these approaches you've mentioned.

Two things come to my attention:
1) RCT merge/average feature you mention is really neat.
    I have used it in the past. Only one problem as I understand, it's only available with the laptop version.
   Which I say Shucks.

2) For some reason I have it in my head from who knows how far back,
    if I were to tune a console piano and a large grand piano on the same stage,
    and they were to be used together, that it's just best to each one
    to itself and everything would be okay. And I have done that ever since.

Even when I tuned for a 5 piano concert once in Fort Smith, Arkansas,
   where all the pianos were of various makes and sizes.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
pianostuff.kamcam.com