[pianotech] Synchronous tunings (more)

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Sat Jan 29 09:50:06 MST 2011

For clarification:
It occured to me that there might be some who could misunderstand,
  soI felt it would be best to mention it.

The pianos were tuned to themselves, but with each having the same initial
  reference pitch … A440.

Also:
Isn't this what essentially happens when an orchestra tunes up.
A reference note is given, the others instruments focus in on that,
  and away they go. The various instruments do not attempt
  to be like the other instruments because of size, shape or size.
They are what they are. The music then becomes a blend of all the differences.

And:
The pianos are not always played together, but have solo moments.
   The activity of trying to blend the tunings, note for note, so to speak,
   would seem to me, to possibly be a bit more dissonant during those solo times.

I liked that term "mixed breed tunings".

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
pianostuff.kamcam.com