[pianotech] ETDs and false beats

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Sun Jan 30 10:19:42 MST 2011

Hi Dean,

That's an excellent feature for certain, and I certainly don't question
   the many advocates that use TuneLab. Richard Brekne comes to mind for one.
   But he also does a lot of fiddling with his own ideas, which produce
   excellent tunings.

In my time with TuneLab, I had trouble digesting some of the information
   I was receiving, the mode of operations and the final results were inconsistent with what
   I have come to know what sounds right overall on the more familiar pianos I service.

In a nutshell TuneLab didn't resonate with my being.

It's a great thing, though, that there are several offerings of ETDs' for those interested.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT

I'm glad you are another