[pianotech] Player piano question.

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Sun Jan 30 14:12:14 MST 2011

Chuck,

When I first started the player rebuilding, I started with "hot" hide
glue. Like you, I could never, get the glue to the right consistency and
in place before it would gel.

Right or wrong, in some minds, I turned to the "cold" hide glue for the
last three any seemed to work good.

This last rebuild, after much discussion with others, I'm trying "fish
glue". It's a high tack glue, yet easy to "wiggle" to make sure you get
in the right place before I clamp with the spring clamps.

As well as, turning to Columbia Organ Leather for my supplies. They have
"pre-sealed" pneumatic leather for pouches, valves, etc.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years