[pianotech] UK (was Respect)

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Sun Jan 30 23:42:48 MST 2011

Hi,

At 06:31 AM 1/30/2011, you wrote:
>In message
><10C5CAD3-4C68-4177-9795-EDBA987E07F9 at allegiance.tv>,
>Mr. Mac's <tune-repair at allegiance.tv> writes
>>Barrie,
>>
>>What year might that have been?
>>
>>Keith
>>
>>On Jan 30, 2011, at 7:24 AM, Barrie Heaton wrote:

 One was done in the UK with 5 tuners on 5 uprights each piano was
> >>tuned I believe 35cens below pitch

 3rd 4th place was the ETD the standard was very high on all 5 tunings

>¦
>
>I will have to ask it may have been around 2005
>I did not attend just read the results

I think that is correct.  A very good friend of
mine is one of the main tuning examiners (at
least in the London area).  He has related this
story to me before.  I've also gathered that the
overall standard of tuning is noticeably higher
in the UK than here; although, I'm not sure that
situation hasn't changed with most of the former
schools closing in the last couple of decades.

Best.

Horace