[pianotech] [Pianotek] the big discussion

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Jan 31 18:48:49 MST 2011

AMEN, I couldn't have stated it better myself.

Plus, as I was training - with the Cybertuner - my mentor kept telling
me the most important thing about tuning is - stability (setting the
pin, to the point it don't move after you put it somewhere) and tuning -
aurally - the unisons - meaning, being able to tell when all two or
three strings sound like one.

So - yes - I do have and use some aural tuning skills - specifically
enough to do the unisons.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years