[pianotech] ETD dust storm

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Jan 31 19:42:37 MST 2011

Why does everyone keep harping on - batteries - I plug mine in - every -
time.

Plus, for that matter, I wanted a lighter and more stable laptop

So, I looked and looked and looked, and finally, started looking at the
NetBooks. It seems that ASUS was the best on the market (for what I was
looking for)

It originally has Linux on it - too bad, I had to dump it - I installed
Windows XP - on a new technology called SSD (Solid State Disk) therefore
don't need to worry about the hard disk going bad. A big enough screen
that I can see what the hell I'm looking at - not like the iPad type.
And most importantly, an internal mic - with - an external mic jack. And
installed Cybertuner on it.

Also, a few years ago, I searched, for a long time, for a mic that would
include the frequencies of pianos - unlike, most that just dealt with
the voice and music ranges.

So, a least for me - for now - I have the most reliable, yet portable,
setup I can find for tuning with an ETD.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years