[pianotech] What do you say?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 20:04:22 MST 2011

We send reminder cards that arrive around a week in advance...close to the appt but enough in advance that I may still be able to fill the slot if they're not able to keep the appt. We pre-schedule 99 percent of our clients 6 months, or a year out...works great!

Rick Davies (RPD @ Forums) www.actionpianoservice.com

About half of my customers are pre-scheduled either 6 months or a year in advanced. I send them a post card reminding them I'll be there at 9 Am on Tuesday, Feb. 1(or whatever). They get the post card about a week and a half before the appointment. I get quite a few asking to change the appointment, or cancel it. (The post card gets forwarded, and in some cases I've had customers call me from the mainland). But even at that, there are still some people who don't read their mail or are responsible enough to remember.

Those are the people who aggravate me the most. I send them a reminder. Should I call them on top of that, too?  Isn't that a little over kill?

Wim