[pianotech] 6 strings versus 200 + strings

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Mon Jan 31 22:32:12 MST 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 10:48 PM, <johnparham at piano88.com> wrote:

> If the guitar had a high action, you have to tune it so the chords you
> are going to play sound the best.  You tuned it and played certain
> chords.  The owner may have been used to playing in a certain key that
> required a different tuning. …

Nice piece of information, John. Makes perfect sense.

These days, I'm seldom ever tempted to play
   someone else's guitar. I just look. You're J-50 must be neat.

Interestingly enough, I had a customer last week
   show me two of his cars, both Corvettes,
   different years, one was his, the other, his wife's.

He had me sit in each one, first his, then his wife's,
   and while sitting in hers, he said, "Go on, take it for a spin."
   She was standing at the door watching.

I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Keith