[pianotech] keep learning

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 23:06:32 MST 2011

For some reason, there are technicians who don't think they can learn anything at seminars. (Duaine, you're not the only one.)
Just before he died, I asked my dad if hewas ready to die, or had any regrets.
He told me that he had a very happy life, a good marriage, great children. and although there were some things he wished he had done different, he was basically very happy. But, he said, he wasn't ready to die, because there is still so much to learn.

I just got the following from a friend of mine. There was a long list of do's and don't, but number three impressed me.
If you think you know everything or if you think there are no classes at seminars from which you can learn anything,
you're missing out on a great opportunity to advance yourself.
You owe it to yourself to improve your mind, and keep it sharp, not only to keep the devil at bay, but because there is still so much to learn.

Peace

Wim

3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever...
Never let the brain get idle.  'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!