[pianotech] [OT] Right Here, Right Now (was Stuff Which Should Really Be on PTG-L)

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 20:39:38 MDT 2011

I have averaged about 1.8 pianos a day for several years. Now it is slightly
down after open heart surgery. I gave up a job which was 1/3 of my income a
year ago because I just don't work politics well. So, you who crunch
numbers- I ain't one of them what's got benefits from some lucrative career,
and any retirement at all, since slaves working in churches never got
benefits until I got out of it full time.  So someone is talking about a
whole lot of people making a whole lot more income than this guy, and YES
lack of funds is affecting where I direct money.

I have said for years PTG is going to have to redefine itself or it won't
survive. Mostly said it to myself, because I have no political voice
anywhere. But doing things the way they have always been done, and beating
those who will not or cannot afford to keep doing things the same old ways
isn't going to fix any ills. Neither, in my opinion, is driving dues up to
where people like simply don't have funds to pay them. I will be darned glad
to get social security in less than a year,  and will have to work till they
put me in a medicare slum nursing home.  Probably I'm way out of line
because I haven't been reading every rant about this (these) issues. Sorry.
But people are now arguing about things which will cause me to choose
between dues, meds, and food.  I know my choices are limited.

"We need to get more members"    I did church choirs for 40 years. That was
the going cry everywhere every year. But "we"  and "get" were really tough
issues to rise above.  It doesn't happen automatically and what seems to be
happening right now surely doesn't seem like it's going to make PTG look
like  a fun place to be for newbies.  No one asked my opinion- so I'll quit.
But the wars which seem to be going on right now, put me in a place where it
affects my ability to survive.  It ceases, then, to be fun.

Sincerely

Leslie Bartlett

  _____