[pianotech] CA Glue and Tuning Pins

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 14:32:22 MDT 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 3:17 PM, lee innocent wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am considering CAing an upright piano, I have never tried this method before, always repinned.
> What I would like to know is:

> 1.  Is this a permanent fix for loose pins

Pretty much unless the pinblock is badly cracked.

> 2.  What is the best method for a thorough job

Tilt the piano on it's back and use a syringe for the best and cleanest results. I like to go through twice.

> 3.  How much time should I allocate

It doesn't take much more than an hour to do, but there's the prep. If you're going to do this in the house, you've got to bring all your equipment, tilter, exhaust fan, etc. and you will need adequate ventilation. So be sure to add the appropriate prep and take down time. Then consider what it would have cost the customer to replace the tuning pins and possible the strings. You need to consider the value added in your pricing.

> Thanks in advance
> Lee

Al -
High Point, NC