[pianotech] CA Glue and Tuning Pins

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Tue Jul 5 14:46:55 MDT 2011

I have used C/A on, must be approaching 50 pianos.
Be sure to use fresh stuff, and make sure it is the thin, penetrating formula. I get mine from a hobby shop, that has a good turn over.
There was only one that it didn't work on. That was one that had been previously treated with something else, so the 'pores' were sealed.
It will obviously not work on cracks.
For uprights, some people say that they don't tip them. I always use my piano tilter.
An hour works for me, then tune.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia