[pianotech] Measuring Crown Radius

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 08:27:13 MDT 2011

It's a graphic illustration not one derived from actual data, it's an
illustration.  You press the board down it gets progressively stiffer.
You're not suggesting that the deflection of the assembly is purely linear
are you?

The discussion was whether a rib bent and clamped to the rim while bent
supports load before it goes negative.  Yes, my example is extreme.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com