[pianotech] Horse and buggy users.

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jul 20 11:18:41 MDT 2011

On 7/20/2011 11:07 AM, William Monroe wrote:
> No, Ron,
>
> You are not being told to "shut up and go away" as you put it.

"It's here to stay, you'll just have to take the time to learn how to
use it" isn't equivalent?

>That is
> your interpretation, not the general implication.  To suggest that "we
> have all understood this from the very first day" is very far from the
> truth.  I certainly didn't, and there are many who still don't.

I've been reading how great it is for the office in nearly every post
responding to list complaints from the beginning - in lieu of addressing
list complaints. I've read it at least thirty times. I don't understand
how it's not understood unless no one is reading those posts.

> No one is reassuring you that, "everything except what we are concerned
> with is working fine."

Isn't answering list specific complaints with assurances that this
software is working wonderfully for the office equivalent?

>What we (I include myself in that number now)
> are trying to tell you is that we recognize there are shortcomings with
> the "new" list and the concerns are not being ignored.

Where is the information on what - list specific - is being done, and
it's status? Other than "we're looking into it"?

> And please do not suggest that
> derogatory comments such as those you've quoted are being issued by
> everyone who wants to move forward with the new system.

I don't suggest anything. "Moving forward" is precisely what I'm talking
about. This includes fixing problems like making the email portion of
the list that is offered in the PDA and plain text format actually
function. I understand this was added because of the number of other
requests from subscribers other than PTG, so it seems to be an option
people would like. How about if it worked?

>Most of us are
> moving forward without being condescending.  Please stop focusing on
> those who are.  It's lose, lose, you know that.

That sounds very like take it or leave it, as "moving forward" typically
does.

> I haven't seen the answers as "rah, rah" though you obviously have.

At least diversionary, as yet another reassurance that this software is
just what the organization and office needs as a response to list
specific complaints, doesn't address anything useful at all.

>   Again, don't think that slow response is ignoring you and others.  You
> may choose to believe that your constructive suggestions are being
> ignored since they are not yet fixed, but that is simply not true.

Show us. What, specifically, is being done to address the list concerns
that have been offered?
Ron N