[pianotech] Ancient Chinese proverb

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue Jul 26 08:53:05 MDT 2011

Hi Richard,

I hadn't heard of the Lindner Grand! Was it made in Shannon too?

As has been discussed on here before, the Lindner probably ran ahead of
its time, in terms of the quality of plastics materials available in the
late 1960s and early 1970s.  With today's materials, they could probably
have been pretty durable.  I agree with you about the sound, and indeed
the few that I have encountered over the years did have good tuning
stability.

Best regards,

David Boyce.