[pianotech] True value

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Sun Jul 31 21:56:10 MDT 2011

I doubt that either piano actually increased in "value." They may have
increased in the numerical dollar amount someone was willing to pay for them
but those dollars have lost real value over that period of time. If you
factor in inflation over the period you'll find that both pianos actually
lost in terms of real value. To be said to have the same value today that it
had in 2006, a piano originally selling for $35,000 would have to sell for
approximately $39,200 in today' dollars. To be said to have increased in
value it would have to now sell for something over that.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA

Phone  360.515.0119 - Cell  360.388.6525

del at fandrichpiano.com  <mailto:del at fandrichpiano.com> - ddfandrich at gmail.com