[pianotech] variant spring & Loop action

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 8 10:42:02 MST 2011

David said: " tuned a 1911 Brinsmead yesterday, with a varient of the
D-Type Spring
& Loop action that I had not seen before. I was intrigued by the two
flanges held on the rail by one screw! AM posting two pics here along
with pic of the D-Type Spring & Loop action for comparison.
 Best regards,"

David,
Hmmm? Wondering how the let-off is adjusted, as the let-off button does not
appear to have holes in it. Some special tool, perhaps? Or,...something
simpler? Interesting Single Escapement Action(s) to be sure. I've only
worked on two. Both were of the example shown, not the single screw/double
flange thang. (That's a bit weird. Was there a shortage of screws available
when these actions were made?<G>)
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police