[pianotech] Help Pleases

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 08:33:20 MST 2011

Greg said: "I'm confused here. It looks like you've drilled every one. How
is that
somehow better or less time consuming than just flipping the piano over with
action removed and applying CA from the underside of the block? It seems to
me like a better way to apply too since you're putting the CA directly onto
the pin/block contact with little chance of gluing the block to the plate as
was described in a thread a bit ago."

Greg,
The one thing that makes "flipping" wrong is: The tuning pin needs to be
tightes at the top surface of the pinblock! If you are dribbling from the
bottom of the tuning pin hole the least amount of CA would reach the top
surface of the pin block, imo.
Just my take on it.. (Not to mention all the gruntin' and such to get it
upside down!<G>)
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police