[pianotech] Kimball Spinet with HEAVY Sponge Action

Laura Olsen ajoyfulsound at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:36:50 MST 2012

Check to see if the key is to thick at the balance rail hole.  The squishiness you feel is the balance rail pin running into the wood in the key that contains the balance rail hole.  If that - what's it called? - shoe  (?) is too thick the balance pin will run into the wood before the key finishes it's travel.  Pianotek sells a cool tool to fix this problem.
Laura Olsen