[pianotech] Protection from underfloor heating

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue Dec 11 01:50:13 MST 2012

Thanks for that, Thumpe.

I was pondering the nature of the problem.  Why is it bad to have heat
at the bottom of the piano?  Given that the underfloor heating won't be
heating the room itself any hotter than any other heating system, and
given that the floor does not get scalding hot, and given that wood is
not a good conductor of heat, is it really so bad to have a warm-ish
floor?  What does it do to the piano?

Best regards,

David.