[pianotech] How to analyze an existing tuning

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Dec 19 15:58:52 MST 2012

I'm reluctant to speak for others, but it seems rather clear to me that the
unnamed OP asked two distinct questions. One was about analyzing a piano
prior to tuning it. The second one relates to tuning stability in the
process of tuning... not in pre-tuning analysis.

I originally read the questions rather quickly and was likewise confused...
why do you want to set pins before you tune? So I re-read the post and
discovered the second question... actually second and third questions,
which the third is mostly just a re-wording of the second.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN