[pianotech] was GH-1s

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Dec 21 10:30:36 MST 2012

The question was answered right here from my previous post.  Perhaps you
missed it.  Your rib is 5 mm wider and 10 mm taller than mine to carry the
same load.  You're a smart guy, I'm sure you can extrapolate that out to any
other rib and I'm sure you can deduce that these two rib scales if carried
through the entire piano with all else remaining the same would yield
different tonal outcomes.  Our differences are primarily in the weight of
the rib scale, secondly in the amount of the cutoff (mine tend to be smaller
or non existent), I thin the panels, you don't, my radii are singular, not
as tight, pressed into a slightly tighter caul radius than they are cut at
5.5%.  I've given you the way I load the board, even though you keep
misstating it.  I've already outlined this in pretty good detail if you
bothered to read it.  I'm not interested in posting an entire spreadsheet.

You don't learn because you don't listen.

Yes this is all done with real engineering, real formulas, real materials
analysis.  No voodoo.

Yours:  25 lb load, 770mm x 20W x 26H, and a 9M radius
Mine:   25 lb load, 770mm x 15w x 16h, and a 9M radius

(for approximately 50% deflection)

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

In any case, my attempts to talk engineering and design, even with trained
engineers, is not met with anything like engineering, but rather with
implications of tonal sacrilege on my part against some undefined standard
that tends to center around what they do - whatever that is.
Again, it makes no sense to me, and no one learns anything at all.

Ron N