[pianotech] unsubscribe

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Sun Jan 1 10:04:22 MST 2012

Horace and others have expressed  .........

The PTG may have made a few improvements to the web site, but the new list is not a viable means of communication for us. We have neither the time nor inclination to go through all we need to do, just to post a problem, photo or response.

I’ve certainly not had any of these problems.  I don’t understand the issues here.  I recently posted an archival quality post regarding access to the action cavity on grand pianos that have the PianoDisc record feature installed.  It took me under a half an hour and includes four images.  I haven’t posted it to this list because I don’t remember how to include images.  I could get started and figure it all out once again, but I feel once is enough.  As much as I’d enjoy making the common process of accessing a grand action something you can do with prior knowledge, I don’t feel I need to provide the information twice when the first time is totally accessible to any member of the guild.

As for having to sign in,  ..........   one click and I’m in looking at the page with all the posts of the last day or two.  My computer signs in automatically for me.   I see the listing in my email’s index and when I open the email, I’m in the web based PTG technical discussion ready to use all the wonderful features of the system.

One click and I’m ready to start typing a response to a particular thread (“discussion”).  One click and I can see what I or anyone else has posted over time.  I recently changed my past posting to make the information correct as can be.  I find the new system to be SO easy to use  ............

To respond to this discussion I had to cut and past the subject into the subject line, and I had to cut and past the above included quote.

If you like archiving your own library of posts, that’s your thing and I’m happy for you.  I like having someone else’s storage media handle all that for me automatically  ....... for the cost of my membership fee.

As for having a website that is under priced, or not performing what it could if it were done by someone else, ....... someone went through a lot of effort to set up the web based medium for us.  If you think you can do a better job that EVERYONE WILL ACCEPT, submit your efforts to the suits and ties and let’s start enjoying this magnificent process of sharing knowledge freely with total harmony and fanfare.

It sounds like there’s going to be a class on this at the upcoming conferences.  I expect the teacher will have to be clad in a full body protective suit for keep from getting injured by rotten fruit projectiles  .........  well OK, small rocks   ..............

Lar