[pianotech] unsubscribe

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Sun Jan 1 19:54:44 MST 2012

Yeah, .....   uh .....

Hi Larry,
A quick question: what system are you running (Windows I assume, I'm all
MacOS X or iOS), and which browser?

Windows (after ME) XP Home Edition??
Windows Live email
Internet Explorer

The index shows submissions for the day in digest form with a “nomailto:“noreply at egroups.ptg.org” tag.  Upon opening it I see the usual online interface, I guess just as if I’m logged in online along with all the conveniences of replying and indexing of subject matters, etc.  To reply, I clicked once and all the associated verbage was automatically included in the post.  That’s two clicks  ....  according to the way I wuz tawt to count dare bedder den 50 years ago hey.  The second click included the subject matter in the subject line.  To reply to this one I had to cut and paste the related text, type in the subject matter in the subject line plus click on the link to automatically fill in the “TO” line.  Then for clarity sake, I selected the pasted text a second time and italicized it.  Yep, that’s a lot of clicks.

As a Mac user, I usually stick to Apple's Safari. Unfortunately Higher
Logic is highly incompatible with Safari. I finally started using Chrome
and Firefox; they're much better but still the whole Higher Logic interface
is quite cumbersome (a lot more than "one click").
Glad it works for you!
Patrick Draine RPT

My apologies to you Patrick, I have very little experience with Macs.  My sister has one and my soft and curvy blue eyed paddling buddy has one.  The speed with which I can move on my own equipment could be compared to the speed of light compared to a Friday night at the slug races on the only two Macs that I’ve tried.

So with that, you all can see that I like to stay with what I know.  It’s easier and faster.  Kinda like, for some of you, staying with the olde liztt.  Carry on colleagues.

Lar