[pianotech] story & Clark dampers

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:20:16 MST 2012

Hi Everyone,
I'm curious about the dampers that came off this Story & clark.  Are the damper felts the same type?  I'm just asking quetions here, but is it possible to match a damper to a string to see how it dampens to determine if that's the right fit by how it dampens and how it lays on the string?  If I'm reaching here, just let me konw but I thought I'd take a chance and try to help. I'm trying to step out of my comfort box as a tech. who's newer than a lot of you guys on here.  Can each damper wire give a clue by its angle?
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com