[pianotech] unsubscribe

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Jan 2 22:26:08 MST 2012

Thank you for the kind words - Alan & David.

For what its worth........

Today, I spent - 7 - hours finishing a player rebuild - which included complete regulation of the piano action (some
prior at home - aligning / squaring backchecks, new bridle straps, checking for broken / worn out parts, tightening the
screws, you know the drill); tuning with a whole step pitch raise; installing the bottom and top player actions;
reinstalling all the peripherals (stack cutoff box, air motor tempo regulator); adding the respective hoses and elbows;
final adjusting for tempo; final adjusting for tracking; THEN the worst case happened - a note kept playing - ON SITE -
had to diagnose the problem - had to disassemble and reassemble parts of the top player action (the main vacuum chest,
ALONE, has - 18 - screws to be R/R) - turned out to be a clogged bleed valve; Finally, putting the cabinet together and
turn in over to the customer.

Although, there is no rest for the weary, within two comes in the next player and reed organ rebuilds - along with every
thing else.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years