[pianotech] unsubscribe

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:37:33 MST 2012

David Skolnick said: "The rub, so to speak, is the indistinctness of the
line between what is list business and what is PTG business.  This
obfuscation is not new...we have engaged in it for years, and we continue
to do so.   This thread was walking the line until, I regret to say, Ryan
stepped unmistakably over it in expressing opinions that related
specifically to the politics of the organization."

This thread was began with  yet another contributor leaving the list
because they are completely unsatisfied with the very large change that was
dropped like a bomb on the list users last year, without any real notice,
feedback, or involvement from the heavy users. That was a political
decision that had some strong reprucussions for many in the list community
- and the large drop off in participation that followed proved this.

Mentioning anything relating to  PTG politics on a non-PTG-L list seems to
be taboo. However, this list, if it survives, will only do so if there is a
certain amount of political will exerted. This thread is about the survival
of this list - which is ultimately a political decision. Just because there
is a dedicated political list, it doesn't follow that any and all relevant
political opinions in regards to a thread topic are counter-productive.

Ryan