[pianotech] mailman list

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu Jan 5 08:47:46 MST 2012

You reinforce the point I was trying to make in my post yesterday, and it is
one that our leadership should have learned well after the amount of
controversy and vitriol that manifested itself last spring and early summer
whilst our leadership remained silent.  A lot of that dissipated after Phil
and a couple of others started given us a heads up.  But now things have
been quiet on that front for some months, and it seems that little that was
promised to correct the defects has yet come to pass.  There is nothing
wrong with HL buying modules that  increase the flexibility of the product
in other areas, but if they show a lack of progress on our issues, whether
from inability or indifference, then that has to bring into question their
value to us as the agent that will carry our list into the future.

The fact that many of us still have the perception that our leadership
little uses the list, or perhaps even understand the importance of replacing
the old list with a new one that, minimally, functions as well as the old
one in core functionality and basic day to day usage, means that we still
fear that we will be stuck with a barking dog (yapping poodle?) of a list -
unless we keep making noise.

One of the clearest indicators of any list - new, old, or newer still - is
how many people will be willing to  use it.  That's a good baseline, and the
measure of success in the software market, all would's,  could's, and
should's not withstanding .

Will Truitt