[pianotech] re; spinet repetition problems

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 11:29:39 MST 2012

Well, Joe. <G> I don't want to get into an argument over this. I mean, it's
over a spinet, right? <G>

I've only chosen to use Jiffy leads a few times. Early on in my career, I
put them at the back. However, once my thinker began to work better, I
realized one can put them anywhere on the key...just like we do with a
regular chunk of lead. So that's what I do now if it has to be done. Just
find the place on the key where it helps repetition. And by "has to be
done," I mean the owner would prefer repetition over down weight. And if
they're not willing to pay me to properly weight the keys.

With regard to using screws to fasten the lead, I don't do that anymore.
Used to, but now I'm using PVC-E glue. Seems to work (repeat visits), and I
haven't heard otherwise.

--
John Formsma, RPT
Blue Mountain, MS