[pianotech] re; spinet repetition problems

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 7 11:59:04 MST 2012

John,
I'm in full understanding of what you say. I am merely trying to get you to consider doing it more exactingly and efficiently.
Really, how long does it take you to do this "jiffy lead" thang...with pvc-e glue? As opposed to what I've said: it takes me 3-4 hours to do it better.
Yes, you can put the "jiffy lead" anywhere on the key, but will that thing interfer with the case parts in some way?? Or..., will the touch be EVEN? with your method? My way,  produces a nicer touch, imo. AND, we can both agree that a Spinet needs all the help we can give it, in that regard!<G>
Yes, "it is just a spinet", but I believe the lowly spinet should be given more credit than it gets. It serves a real purpose in the middle to lower class families.(even tho I've seen it in million dollar homes) It puts music into the family and because MUSIC is known as a very good teaching/learning thang, we make peoples lives better. It's what we do.
Regards,
Joe