[pianotech] Do-It-Yourself piano repaiis from 1920

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Jan 7 16:15:08 MST 2012

We are all familiar with the "how to repair anything" genre of book.  I
have a set of such books from about 1920, "The Amateur Mechanic" in four
volumes, and there is a section on piano repairs.  The line drawings are
good - nice drawing of a "cottage piano" action.  I think the book was
over-optimistic about what a piano owner could actually achieve.  Just
for historical interest, I have put the relevant section as an embedded
PDF on the Technical Information page of my website. I love the bandaged
hammer!

Best regards,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk