[pianotech] broken bass sting

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 9 16:30:45 MST 2012

Exactamondo!!!<G> My choice would be to order all three strings....but....WE always have to do it on the CHEAP, don't we??? This way we get to waste a whole lot of OUR time in the hope that the tie/loop will work our properly and not break, stretch too far or cause a buzz! THEN, we don't charge for ALL the time we've spent, (when we should, of course<G>), because we're "trying  to save the customer some money! Wheee! We're sure havin' fun here, don'tcha know?<G>
Another alternative: just leave it as a bi-chord and change the damper. If the darned thing is in that bad of condition, who's going to know the difference?<G>(Huge tongue in cheek thang)
That's my take on it.
Joe