[pianotech] Noisy Yamaha damper tray hangers

Bob bobdavis88ptg at clearwire.net
Wed Jan 11 11:37:47 MST 2012

Everything looks metal. The hangers are just like upright hammer rail
hangers - three L-shaped hooks in bushed thingies. It sounds like the
noise is from there, and if I either lift the tray by hand, or grab the
tray and move it a couple of mm side-to-side, it honks. It feels like
those bushings are contaminated. Is this something others have
encountered in Yamahas? Is there a quick fix?

Thanks,
Bob Davis