[pianotech] Website update

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:42:33 MST 2012

Your point is well taken, Larry. I think it was not the best time to try
and revamp the entire website and membership software. Things are changing
so fast, I would have voted for "keep it simple" and see what evolves over
the next few years. Of course the membership was never asked whether or not
we wanted a social networking service a la Facebook. Certainly important
members of the home office staff were dragged kicking into using the
membership software.

I'm still baffled by the fact that a dinky organization like ours has to
have some Cadillac system in order to "keep pace". There are many
technicians who manage as many clients on their desktop computer. PTG, IMO,
should stick to what it does best: planning a great annual convention, and
providing a professional journal. Simple is good.

Ryan Sowers

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter