[pianotech] Baldwin serial Numbers

Ed Carwithen edwcarw at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 20:44:28 MST 2012

    You must get tired of us trying to find the manufacture dates of pianos, but you guys always have more answers than me.  I have now found three pianos where the serial numbers make no sense.  All are Baldwins.  An acrosonic with a serial of 374468 which puts it in 2007, but it is obviously older and has a tuner dating it in 1960 something.  Today a Howard (made by Baldwin) with a number of 312706 putting it at 1993, but it has a tuners date in 1970.  Another Acrosonic serial of 395074 and that is past my Pierce Atlas.  WHAT THE HECK?????  What is the secret of finding a date on a Baldwin?

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR