[pianotech] tool case

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 11:09:49 MST 2012

Paul

Think about what you need in a tool case. What tools do you need the most when going into a customer's home? You probably need your tuning tools, and some basic regulating tools, plus some glue, Proteck, and paper work. Do you really need a $140 toolcase to carry those basic things?

For years I have used a shoulder briefcase bag to carry my basic tools. I used to get one at Office Max, but I recently found just what I wanted at Walmart for about $30.00. It's a Stanley tool "Fat Max" tool bag. It's made of a very sturdy canvass, with pockets on the outside and inside, and is supported by a hard flat base. All my tuning and regulating tools are kept in tool roll from Schaff.  I also have a towel, glue, flash light, Protek, a power driver with tips.

All of the other tolls, supplies, etc. are kept in tool cases in my car.

Wim Blees, RPT
Hawaii