[pianotech] Piano Dusters

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 25 20:27:15 MST 2012

Hi, Bert:
One thing about feather dusters.  If you're dusting a satin rubbed lacquer finish (Steinway, etc.), the feathers will leave TONS of scratches on the finish.  Microfiber cloths are great.  Cotton is fine, wool, etc.  I'm not sure about paraffin/cotton but probably ok.  I wouldn't use anything other than microfiber or cotton on polyester hi gloss.  They scratch easily.
Paul McCloud
San Diego