[pianotech] Slipping Becket

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 16:10:27 MST 2012

Good question, I don't know.  The piano was restrung a few years back but
not by me (though I do know who did the work and could ask him).  I had seen
this sequence of photos you included before and wondered if it was really
enough to cause a problem such as I encountered.  Interestingly I tuned the
piano on at least 3-4 occasions previously and this only suddenly happened.
Why it should choose to let go now I'm not sure.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com