[pianotech] Kawai GS-50 damper tray

Laura Olsen ajoyfulsound at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:32:44 MST 2012

I found a problem I couldn't solve while I was at the piano and I thought: "I know, I'll use a "life line" and ask the experts!"  You are my "experts" so here goes:

It's a  Kawai GS-50 with a rattle in the damper tray when you release the sustain pedal.  When I lift and drop certain damper blocks I can kind of duplicate the rattle in the aluminum rail.

I tightened the screws that hold the damper tray to the belly rail.  I checked damper under lever screws.  I tightened the screws in the damper blocks the hold the damper wires.  The tabs aren't hitting the sos. rod and the Sostenuto rod bracket screws are tight.   The damper under lever screws are tight.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Laura Olsen